Re: Audacity segfaults

Kevin Miller <millerboys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I don't know when it started but audacity segfaults everytime I try to
run it. Currently I have audacity-1.3.3-11.28.i586.rpm installed from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/audio/openSUSE_10.3/i586/,
but have tried others too, such as 1.3.4-2.pm.beta from Packman.

YaST shows several sources (see
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb/audacity.png) such as
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/10.3:/standard and
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.3/repo/oss/ but it doesn't
exist in either of those directories. Sigh.

When I run it, It prompts me for the language to use (English), I click
OK, and get the following:

koala:/home/mkm/ # audacity
Segmentation fault

No errors appear in the logs in /var/log.

I'm running OpenSUSE 10.3 and have tried as both root and my normal user
account. Any help appreciated.

I assume it is some incompatible library. Did you force install over the
objection of dependencies?

Thanks.

  • Re: What documentation comes with retail SUSE10
    ... >> install those on their own easily enough. ... things like mplayer so they can't use libdvdcss. ... If it can be so simple on Mandriva, ... Kevin Miller ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Packman as Installation Source
    ... > Today I noticed that Packman has an updated version of Kaffeine so I tried to ... > install it just as I did for Mplayer. ... > other dependencies in turn, most of which I was able to fond on Packman. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] Packman as Installation Source
    ... installation source for YaST's "Install and Remove Software". ... Today I noticed that Packman has an updated version of Kaffeine so I tried to ... other dependencies in turn, most of which I was able to fond on Packman. ... Thanks for any help, either in properly using Packman as installation source, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 - updates offered without all dependencies
    ... I imagine that I could install the missing items myself and try again, ... but should such dependencies not be part of the update package? ... and stuff on the Packman repository. ... pulseaudio = 0.9.10 is needed by pulseaudio- ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: What documentation comes with retail SUSE10
    ... And no supplemental multimedia packs to rectify it yet. ... pulled down from web sites that are freely offered. ... have to install a half dozen to find the out. ... Kevin Miller ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)