Re: Audacity segfaults

Kevin Miller <millerboys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I don't know when it started but audacity segfaults everytime I try to
run it. Currently I have audacity-1.3.3-11.28.i586.rpm installed from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/audio/openSUSE_10.3/i586/,
but have tried others too, such as 1.3.4-2.pm.beta from Packman.

YaST shows several sources (see
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb/audacity.png) such as
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/10.3:/standard and
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.3/repo/oss/ but it doesn't
exist in either of those directories. Sigh.

When I run it, It prompts me for the language to use (English), I click
OK, and get the following:

koala:/home/mkm/ # audacity
Segmentation fault

No errors appear in the logs in /var/log.

I'm running OpenSUSE 10.3 and have tried as both root and my normal user
account. Any help appreciated.

I assume it is some incompatible library. Did you force install over the
objection of dependencies?

Thanks.

.