Re: Repository 'openSUSE-10.3-Updates' is invalid

Michael Soibelman wrote:
mjb wrote:

openSUSE Updater has been running alright upto now but when I allowed it
to install todays updates I got the following error. Has this corrupted
anything? and if so how do I fix it?

Repository 'openSUSE-10.3-Updates' is invalid. Wrong checksum for
patches.xml Please, check if the URLs defined for this repository are
pointing to a valid repository. Disabling
repository 'openSUSE-10.3-Updates' because of the above error.
patch 'aaa_base' not found patch 'eclipse-archdep-platform' not found

Yes I see something similar. Seems some repo's aren't functioning at this
moment. Usually when this happens it is quickly repaired though.

3 or 4 of the many repo's I have on my install list failed..

Just wait a while..maybe a few hours.

P.S. Could be any number of things..perhaps they're updating the servers
right now.

Yes... there was a change. I just picked a hardcoded update area for now.
Sigh... we really need to figure this stuff out.

SUSE 7 slow updates
SUSE 8 slow updates
SUSE 8.1 lightning fast updates
SUSE 10.1 whoops
SUSE 10.2 whoops part 2
SUSE 10.3 found something slower than SUSE 7 updates

Sigh...

  • Penguin recovery mode
    ... I had upgraded the duel-boot box from suse 10 to suse 10.1 and had ... yast-online-update package manager with some daft bit of novell dross ... site for searching for updates. ... and the replacements are so mindnumbingly slow ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • RE: [SLE] No mouse pointer after SuSE 9.0 Pro install.
    ... > The mouse worked fine with pointer during the entire install process. ... Welcome to SuSE. ... You move about in the yast screens using and your ... Install the Security Updates ASAP. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] rsync part of the update repository
    ... I want to sync only the 11.0 updates repository. ... just want to save a copy of all the rpms you install, then with zypper, just ... rpms from in the exact same manner. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Update-o-matic
    ... YAST == Updates through the SuSE system, but only interactively, no cron ... of us have come to the conclusion that ZenWorks is a thoroughly broken ... maxes out your CPU for three to four minutes just to check for updates, ... SYNAPTIC == GUI interface for APT, no packages for SuSE at the moment. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Reinstall of 11.1 troubles
    ... After I got some updates, my system crashed and failed to start up after that, with lots of complaints about problems with the iptables. ... When the SuSE installation software was setting things up, did it bother to make a backup of the repositories I had already set up? ... The display has come up in a low resolution mode and I am installing this using a 1080x1200 monitor. ... All of the necessary buttons to Accept settings are off screen and these tools do not supply a scroll bar in order for me to bring these buttons on screen. ...
    (SuSE)