Re: Video problem - Resolved (I think)

Algazm wrote:The other problem I was having was faint
lines moving up the screen. My T.V. does it, too, when switching
channels - you can see it just before the new channel appears. Must be
something in the power lines, or some such interference.

That would be my guess too. A UPS would probably fix that.

--
Chris

  • Re: Phase/skew sensitivity
    ... gain controls and delays on both channels. ... because power supplies are really the largest and most expensive part ... of the system in the pro audio world. ... What you describe sounds like a lot like Cobranet. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Humax HFA100 or Samsung SIR-451????
    ... Although I have no other OTA tuner experience to compare it with I have heard that it is very fast at switching channels and so on. ... The VCR feeds the composite video input to my Panasonic non-HD TV. So I am not using the full HD output capabilities of the tuner. ... I tell you this because some of the problems which I enumerate below may be a result of the way I am using the STB. ... Happens overnight in the power off state. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Portable TVs that used analog feed. What happens in 2009 with digital enforced?
    ... It is useful for travelling and disasters (a major quake -- no power, ... Will these portable TVs become useless? ... The sad question is where are all the broadcasters? ... COFDM or those channels set dormant while OTA DTV, ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: IBOC : FM HD-Radio Needs More HD-2 Power !
    ... soon that would allow stations to run much high power on their various HD ... The FCC has generally been willing to give radio operators ... For FMHD-Radioadn their HD-2 Channels the Digital ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: NAD320 amp
    ... > GrahamH: ... > You didn't happen to leave on a tape monitor switch or a mute switch? ... > channels, like switches, jumpers, special modes of operation, and the ... All looks OK, +/-44V for power ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)