Re: PDF file translation

Will Honea schrieb:
Can anyone suggest an app that will extract a PDF (acrobat) file to plain
text? I have a bunch of bank statements in .pdf format and I'd like to
extract the numbers from them to put into database. The Acrobat "save to
text" yields garbage - probably due to the table format used.

You may want to try pdftotext (comes with oss10.3) or alternatively pdf2txt, a shell script downloadable from

http://www.comp.eonworks.com/scripts/scripts.html

-never used it myself but hopefully it works for you.

wilbert

  • Re: PDF file translation
    ... I have a bunch of bank statements in .pdf format and I'd like to ... extract the numbers from them to put into database. ... Not all data in a pdf file is text, it can also contain graphical information. ... This can happen if you scan the printed bank statements with a scanner. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • PDF file translation
    ... Can anyone suggest an app that will extract a PDF (acrobat) file to plain ... I have a bunch of bank statements in .pdf format and I'd like to ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: PDF file translation
    ... I have a bunch of bank statements in .pdf format and I'd like to ... extract the numbers from them to put into database. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Strange Error
    ... > Using ActivePDF Toolkit with a website. ... > The site allows a user to submit information to a database, search, view ... Now I want to add the option to save in PDF format after a search ... > which should call ActivePDF Toolkit to generate a PDF from the related ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Out put to adobe .pdf
    ... I am trying to automatically print reports from my access 2002 database in ... ..pdf format. ... I heard there is a addon or plugin that is needed to do ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)