Rebooting to windows

In Suse 9.3 there used to be a reboot dialog where you could choose
which one of the grub booting options you would like to reboot to. If
you eg. chose "Windows" it would automatically reboot to Windows without
stopping at the grub bootloader screen.

Now I can't see such an option anymore. Now if I want to boot to
windows I have to reboot and wait for the grub screen to appear and then
manually select Windows.

Is there any way of getting that old functionality back?

  • Re: [SLE] reboot
    ... > 9.3 has a long-click reboot that lets you choose what grub boots. ... Your problem will be how to reboot out of windows, ... As to the mechanics of how KDM instructs grub to boot some alternative ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: remote control of dual boot
    ... > Stewart Nelson wrote: ... > | Win XP on IDE primary master, grub in MBR, ... Of course, a reboot will ... > the boot.ini of windows but that's a whole lot more complicated than ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: FC4 booting problem?
    ... >> extra space is given for Windows at the back. ... >> automatically boots. ... And how do I access the GRUB ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Rebooting to windows
    ... which one of the grub booting options you would like to reboot to. ... you eg. chose "Windows" it would automatically reboot to Windows without ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)