Re: program for sharing of torrent

David Bolt wrote:

<URL:http://www.createtorrent.com/>

and the packages I've built are here:

Thanks. Will look at it. <Later>
I am a bit confused. OK, this makes the *.torrent file, but then what?
Is it sufficient to run KTorrent or do I need yet another program?

<URL:http://www.davjam.org/~davjam/linux/repositories/10.1/suse/i686/createtorrent-1.1.4-0.1.suse101.i686.rpm>
<URL:http://www.davjam.org/~davjam/linux/repositories/10.1/suse/x86_64/createtorrent-1.1.4-0.1.suse101.x86_64.rpm>
<URL:http://www.davjam.org/~davjam/linux/repositories/10.2/suse/x86_64/createtorrent-1.1.4-0.1.suse102.x86_64.rpm>
<URL:http://www.davjam.org/~davjam/linux/repositories/10.3/suse/i686/createtorrent-1.1.4-0.1.suse103.i686.rpm>
<URL:http://www.davjam.org/~davjam/linux/repositories/10.3/suse/ppc/createtorrent-1.1.4-0.1.suse103.ppc.rpm>
<URL:http://www.davjam.org/~davjam/linux/repositories/10.3/suse/x86_64/createtorrent-1.1.4-0.1.suse103.x86_64.rpm>

<URL:http://www.davjam.org/~davjam/linux/repositories/10.3/suse/srpms/createtorrent-1.1.4-0.1.suse103.src.rpm>

or here:
http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE%3A10.3&p=1&q=createtorrent
If you would have used the build server, you also would have had them
for factory, Mandriva, RedHat, ... ;-)
And people would have been able to use them after a search AND be abkle
to use the i-click install. Seriously, try it out.

Then there's btmaketorrent, which is included in the BitTorrent package.

OK.

If it is hey, pity for the rest of the
world who will miss out on 40.000 1600x1200 wallpapers.

Of course it isn't, there's three listed above just for starters.

Looks like createtorrent is the closest to what I need for a first step.

houghi
--
Dr. Walter Gibbs: Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs
will start thinking and the people will stop.

  • Re: program for sharing of torrent
    ... and the packages I've built are here: ... OK, this makes the *.torrent file, but then what? ... Try to upload it to ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: snapshot images
    ... I'm just curious why they are not automatically built. ... They were hand built for the 8.0-RELEASE. ... DVD as far as everything but the packages is concerned, ... generate the memstick image before putting the packages used to generate ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: log colorizer?
    ... my normal method is to run a script on each machine I build for. ... This script retrieves all the source packages from a central location, ... or hasn't already been built. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: openldap
    ... I have built a few GNU Open Source packages in OSS. ... The INSTALL file typically has a lot of documentation. ... These files can be found in any of the ITUG downloads for OSS. ...
    (comp.sys.tandem)
  • Re: Building from source with dependency on libjpeg.la on FC5
    ... Rex Dieter wrote: ... Packages which need libjpeg.la cannot be built. ... For example JMagick ...
    (Fedora)