Re: Dumb question of the week.
- From: Paul J Gans <gans@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:48:54 +0000 (UTC)
marksouth <ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 04:02:21 +0000, Paul J Gans wrote:
Let me give you (and them) an example. Say I want to run "ifconfig" to
check on something with my network connection. You cannot run that as a
normal user because it will not be found by a normal user's search path.
/sbin/ifconfig works as a normal user under nearly every distro I've ever
How did you know it was in /sbin?
No wonder newbies don't stick around here long. Between the
insults and the obfuscated answers they get nowhere.
--- Paul J. Gans
- Prev by Date: Re: Dumb question of the week.
- Next by Date: Re: Asus eeePC
- Previous by thread: Re: Dumb question of the week.
- Next by thread: Re: Dumb question of the week.