Re: Installing 10.3 with Vista

"Blattus Slafaly ? (3) ¼ :)" <boobooililililil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paul Thompson wrote:
I just got a Vista notebook with 2 120G SATA drives. Vista reports 3
drives, the OS on C:, Data D:, and HP RECOVERY E:. I'd like to install
OpenSuSE 10.3 on 60G of drive D:.

How should I go about setting up the partitions during installation?

Thanks
Paul

Let OpenSUSE decide and resize the partitions it wants. I would delete
d: and e: and let OpenSUSE use the unformatted space. But that is just me.

WHOA!

The "recovery" partition might well be the only Vista backup
Thompson has. There may be no separate DVD.

Yes, I think that is stupid on the part of the notebook manufacturers,
but hey...

And I'd not blow D: away either until I knew what was on it.

The openSUSE recommendation probably takes all this into account.
I'd use that, at least until I knew more about D: and E:.

--
--- Paul J. Gans

  • Re: Can you please help me?
    ... External hard drives and flash drives should work fine, as Windows XP has ... original install media. ... Use of the proper recovery ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Recovery Restore, full of traps?
    ... I painstakingly clean installed XP Pro onto a new 120 gig hard drive. ... DOS (recovery console) I didn't worry about removing the F drive and putting ... I made a mistake in an order of install on the ... I copied them to other drives and the network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: New to Linux - Cheap Raid config?
    ... OpenSuSE is installed on another drive. ... your card should have a raid bios where you will setup your array. ... box using two 200G W.D. SATA drives, and the cheap $18 RAID controller ... This was a fresh install of openSUSE 10.2. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Xp wont boot
    ... and copy the data to flash drive, or if there are two CD drives, one of ... Here are some links for recovering from a botched SP2 install and some on ... How to use the Automatic Recovery feature to recover your computer if the ... WindowsXPService Pack 2 Setup program is not completed successfullyhttp://support.microsoft.com/?id=875355 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: EVERYONE removed from security - system will not boot
    ... As I said it could be a problem with the install cdrom, ... the laptop continuously ran Norton ... > I think I can run chdsk from the recovery console.....I ... >>adapters to allow laptop hard drives to be installed into ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)