Re: Why do I get this?

Claude Hopper ⑪ ⒌ ☺ wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
Claude Hopper (11) 5. ? wrote:

Starting Hal Damon

Just hangs there. [...]
[...]
Also, it would be a good idea to post what version of openSUSE you're talking about and your CPU model.

Oh, I forgot that. It's opensuse 10.3 on an old K6-2 400mhz.

I think you'll be having a hard time with this CPU. The openSUSE 10.3 kernel isn't really compiled with this old hardware in mind. The think I recommend is to try other Linux distros and see is one works out of the box. I'd start with Xubuntu (http://www.xubuntu.org), a distro designed with old hardware in mind. There's also Slackware (http://www.slackware.com), but that one I don't recommend for non-experienced Unix/Linux folks.
.