Re: ATI Drivers and 3D
- From: Buck Rogers <buck@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 17:11:19 -0500
On Fri, 23 May 2008 09:02:21 GMT, Chris
Buck Rogers wrote:
I've recently installed SUSE 10.3. I have an ATI Radeon 1950 Pro with
256 meg ram.
I've downloaded and installed the newest ATI drivers with no error
messages. However, I have no 3D and saX2 shows the mesa video driver.
On the other hand, the ATI control center shows all the correct
Does anyone have any suggestions or help in getting this card to work
with SUSE in 3D?
I'll post my Xorg.conf if need be.
If anyone has success with this card, would you please post your
I used to install the drive that way, but now I use the repo. Add this repo:
I use the Smart Package Manager, but this should work in Yast as well. I
find that it simply "Just Works". When a new version comes out, the driver
is updated automagically. :)
With respects to sax2, I use it to only setup my monitor and not the 3d
card. The ATI rpms, will set things up so that fgl_glxgears works. When it
does, then 3D is working regardless of what sax2 says.
Thanks for the input. I'll do it the way you suggest. I'll post back
- Prev by Date: liquid vitamin energy fiber amethyst cosmetics
- Next by Date: / /home on different partitions?
- Previous by thread: Re: ATI Drivers and 3D
- Next by thread: aacraid driver failure on Dell PERC3 with SLES 10 SP2