EASY WAY TO RDC/VNC TO HOME COMPUTER?

Trying to get to an easy way to remote from work & their nasty firewall to home Computer.

Work Computer (Redhat 5.X) --> (work)Nasty/Tough Firewall --> (home)D-Link --> Suse 10.X

Thought there would be an easy way to do this but have had many attempts & no success.

Work Firewall blocks rdc/vnc.

Got NXfree from www.nomachine.com which seemingly was going to be the way. But
Work firewall blocks port 22. Trying to change the port used seemingly was going to be
easy but various attempts to change it just makes NX fail with denied errors when trying
to connect.

Seems like it should be easy to set something up to tunnel or NX out of this firewall but so
far no joy!

Anyone have some good suggestions?

Thanks,
Clint

  • Re: ssh behind firewall
    ... > the my office's firewall block the ssh traffic. ... SECURITY GUIDELINES AT WORK BY BYPASSING THE FIREWALL! ... You could try setting sshd to run on port 80 on your home computer (may be ... #cleaning up in case previous connection debris is still there ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • RDP ending in SYN_RCVD state
    ... workstation in Company, behind a D-Link firewall, NATed, port 3389 ... I would like to connect from my Company to my home computer ... I tried to RDP from A to C: SUCCESS, the company firewall let me out. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ssh behind firewall
    ... >> my home computer while I'm in office. ... >> that the my office's firewall block the ssh traffic. ... > SECURITY GUIDELINES AT WORK BY BYPASSING THE FIREWALL! ... > Egor Kobylkin ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: EASY WAY TO RDC/VNC TO HOME COMPUTER?
    ... to home Computer. ... Thought there would be an easy way to do this but have had many attempts & no success. ... Work Firewall blocks rdc/vnc. ... Work firewall blocks port 22. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Antivirus installation - Norton Internet Security is a pain in the ****
    ... My Toshiba laptop is running Windows ME. ... did not back up my home computer. ... Windows problem (it was due to the firewall) and that I ... install the virus protection and the Symantec tech seems ...
    (microsoft.public.security)