Re: openSUSE as a router, how to? Solved!

Vahis wrote:
In this day and age of DHCP it is just odd that one would still use it.

I am. What's the setback?

That you forget things, like entereing the DNS servers.

We'll see. There's always a problem with the dough, too.
And I'd like a silent one, so case, psu and cooling will cost extra :(

Watercooling. I have made a machine once based on a quad core and the
price was just above 1.000EUR
This was without watercooling, but with the ability to connect 3
screens, 2TB HD and 8GB of memory. Also a new tower and power.

Some things that I got from a friend. When you realy start to buy, ask
people who realy know (e.g. in a hardware group for the specifications
and in a Linux group to see if it will work)
Memory: Faster is better, as long as your mobo supports it, but also
look at the specifications with the CAS-latency. (e.g. 4-4-4 is faster
then 10-4-4)

The most difficult part is selecting a motherboard, I think. What do you
need and what don't you need.

Oh and there is also http://www.alternate.eu in English. You can then
still compare products. Unfortunatly no PC builder. :-(

houghi
--
But I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am
free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I

  • Re: OT: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot
    ... on the Republican Party or its candidates. ... libertarians who are merely content to sit on the sidelines and bask ... no matter what rules surround me. ... tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Lean and Mean: 150,000 U.S. layoffs for IBM?
    ... no matter what rules surround me. ... If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Lean and Mean: 150,000 U.S. layoffs for IBM?
    ... no matter what rules surround me. ... If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Not my SF future
    ... are we from different planets here? ... no matter what rules surround me. ... tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, ... causality trumps morality every time, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)