Re: install problems with Suse 11.0

Joost van der Waa wrote:
The other links are known to me, but they only refer to the installation
of the Nvidia drivers _after_ the installation of Suse. The problem is
that the installation of Suse itself goes wrong :-( Even text mode
doesn't properly, I get huge characters.

Mmm. That is a first. Enter vga=ask as a boot option. That will give you
the option to enter a vga mode yourself.

houghi
--
I do not want life insurance.
I want all people to be genuinely grieving when I die.

houghi

  • Re: Total failure installing 10.2
    ... houghi wrote: ... Do you have two DVD/CD players? ... SUSE10.1 During the basic installation, if one did the Hardware Install, ... SUSE came up and appeared normally on screen. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • No Windows 2000 option on GRUB boot menu
    ... I had Windows 2000 Prof version and SUSE 8.1 Prof version installed on ... After the installation, I did a reboot. ... Windows 2000 boot option in the new boot menu. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: install problems with Suse 11.0
    ... houghi wrote: ... of the Nvidia drivers _after_ the installation of Suse. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: New to Suse
    ... Obviously, so get real houghi. ... for some other information to do with the installation. ... both a SUSE 10.0 and a SUSE 9.3 box to openSUSE 10.3. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: install problems with Suse 11.0
    ... houghi wrote: ... of the Nvidia drivers _after_ the installation of Suse. ... The problem is that the installation of Suse itself goes wrong :-( Even text mode doesn't properly, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)