Re: PERL Compiling Question

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 03:45:49 UTC, "PaulRS" <prschmi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

[Note: this comes out of the flv to swf thread]

Once I download a Perl tar file
Extract it
Run 'perl Makefile.PL'
Run 'make'
Run 'make install' as root

(1) It installs on the local computer
(2) It leaves behind the original folder (directory) which was made
with the tar extraction along with all that was done in that folder
(the additional stuff) by 'perl Makefile.PL' and 'make'

My question:
Can this folder be copied to a second computer running the same SuSE
10.3 with the same home directory and then run 'make install' on it to
install this program on the second computer?

[I am trying to avoid repeating the whole process from an original
perl.tar download]

Paul

Even though some of the responses assumed 'laziness' - I did not tell
you that the final PERL program required 9 packages (dependencies) to
be installed including all the un-tar, cd to subdirectory,
Makefile.PL, make, make install . . . etc. This was the reason for my
question.