Re: Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

graham wrote:
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:16:57 -0400, Blattus Slafaly wrote:

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ I can't get this site to play on
my laptop. I have the latest Firefox 3.0.2 and the latest Helix 11.0 and
Realplayer 11.0. Keeps giving me the message that I need to download the
plugin. What plugin? It just sends me back to the Realplayer download
page. Why this vicious circle? True I do not have realplayer listed in
my about:plugins listing on Firefox. Where is the god damn plugin?

about:plugins on my machine gives
Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible

File name: npwrapper.nphelix.so
Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.626
built with gcc 3.3.3 on Jul 26 2007

also

RealPlayer 9

File name: mplayerplug-in-rm.so
mplayerplug-in 3.50

unfortunately
rpm -qf /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/npwrapper.nphelix.so
gives
file /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/npwrapper.nphelix.so is not owned by any
package
so I don't know where you go from there.
I don't recall doing anything special.
I should go to mozilla.org. and browse the plugins available for linux
there.

This is my about:plugins

Installed plugins
Find more information about browser plugins at mozilla.org.
Help for installing plugins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.
OpenSC Signer plugin

File name: opensc-signer.so
This plugins handles web signatures using OpenSC smart card library.

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
text/x-text-to-sign Text to be signed sgn Yes
NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 1.0.0

File name: npwrapper.so
nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in
particular for linux/i386 plugins.
This software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public
License.

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
unknown/mime-type Do not open none Yes
Shockwave Flash

File name: libswfdecmozilla.so
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r100

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie swf Yes
application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie spl Yes
Shockwave Flash

File name: libgnashplugin.so
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999. Gnash 0.8.3, the GNU Flash Player.
Copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Gnash comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You
may redistribute copies of Gnash under the terms of the GNU General
Public License. For more information about Gnash, see
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash. Compatible Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999.

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf Yes
Totem Web Browser Plugin 2.22.0

File name: libtotem-basic-plugin.so
The Totem 2.22.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-ogg - ogg Yes
application/ogg Xiph Ogg/Vorbis/Theora content ogg Yes
audio/ogg Ogg Audio oga Yes
audio/x-ogg Ogg Audio ogg Yes
video/ogg Ogg Video ogv Yes
video/x-ogg Ogg Video ogg Yes
application/annodex - anx Yes
audio/annodex - axa Yes
video/annodex - axv Yes
video/mpeg MPEG video mpg, mpeg, mpe Yes
audio/wav WAV Audio wav Yes
audio/x-wav WAV Audio wav Yes
audio/mpeg MP3 Audio mp3 Yes
application/x-nsv-vp3-mp3 NullSoft video nsv Yes
video/flv Flash video flv Yes
VLC Multimedia Plugin (compatible Totem 2.22.0)

File name: libtotem-cone-plugin.so
The Totem 2.22.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-vlc-plugin unknown Yes
application/vlc unknown Yes
video/x-google-vlc-plugin unknown Yes
Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem)

File name: libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
The Totem 2.22.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-mplayer2 AVI video avi, wma, wmv Yes
video/x-ms-asf-plugin ASF video asf, wmv Yes
video/x-msvideo AVI video asf, wmv Yes
video/x-ms-asf ASF video asf Yes
video/x-ms-wmv Windows Media video wmv Yes
video/x-wmv Windows Media video wmv Yes
video/x-ms-wvx Microsoft ASX playlist wmv Yes
video/x-ms-wm ASF video wmv Yes
application/x-ms-wms Windows Media video wms Yes
application/asx Microsoft ASX playlist asx Yes
audio/x-ms-wma Windows Media audio wma Yes
DivX® Web Player

File name: libtotem-mully-plugin.so
DivX Web Player version 1.4.0.233

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
video/divx AVI video divx Yes
QuickTime Plug-in 7.2.0

File name: libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
The Totem 2.22.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
video/quicktime QuickTime video mov Yes
video/mp4 MPEG-4 video mp4 Yes
image/x-macpaint MacPaint Bitmap image pntg Yes
image/x-quicktime QuickTime image pict, pict1, pict2 Yes
video/x-m4v MPEG-4 video m4v Yes
GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea) 1.2

File name: gcjwebplugin.so
The GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea) executes Java applets.

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-java-vm IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.3 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.3 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.3.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.5 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.6 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.6.0_00 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.3 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.3 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.3.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.4 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.5 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.6 IcedTea class,jar Yes
application/x-java-bean;jpi-version=1.6.0_00 IcedTea class,jar Yes

--
Blattus Slafaly ف ٣ :) ⅞