Re: Has my site been cracked?

On 2008-11-07 05:10, Vahis wrote:

The contents of /htdocs have initially been made back in 2005.
They've been updated during times through two machines before the
current one.

The best thing you can do is to not use htdocs as your site,
but just leave it as your default server, eg. where you get all
hits to your IP-address, while your site waxborg has it's own
documentroot and virtual by name container.

Just create /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/waxborg.conf with something like:
<VirtualHost your-IP or IP:port>

ServerName waxborg.servepics.com
DocumentRoot /srv/www/waxborg

and move your site to /srv/www/waxborg/

If someone insist typing www.waxborg.servepics.com you can redirect them
with:
<VirtualHost your-IP or IP:port>
ServerName www.waxborg.servepics.com
Redirect permanent / http://waxborg.servepics.com/
</VirtualHost>

and access to http://your-IP will give "It Works" since they are not visitors
anyway, just email harvest bots.

/Birre

  • Re: Has my site been cracked?
    ... while your site waxborg has it's own ... documentroot and virtual by name container. ... ServerName www.waxborg.servepics.com ... Redirect permanent / http://waxborg.servepics.com/ ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Apache Virtual Server [SOLVED]
    ... Zend documentation it looks like Zend wants a certain directory structure ... The last directory 'public' wants to be the DocumentRoot ... ServerName confianza ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Why wont this script run??
    ... I forgot to say that if i start httpd by hand, ... I reinstalled apache, and it works. ... DocumentRoot /home/www/html ... ServerName mo.moso.dk ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Apache Virtual Server
    ... I am playing with the Zend Framework on my laptop. ... The last directory 'public' wants to be the DocumentRoot ... I set up /etc/hosts so both confianza and confianzazend resolve to ... ServerName confianza ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: httpd.conf
    ... One that is hosting 2 sites in vhosts. ... DocumentRoot /var/www/patway/ ... ServerName patway.mtntop.home ... The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in Wonderland"; ...
    (Debian-User)