Re: PC Choice

Chris Maaskant wrote:
I would forget where what is for sure with 16 desktops.

Not if they are always in the same place.

I have usually no more then 1 window open, sometimes 3, as soon as i'm done with it i minimize it to the taskbar.
I hate clutter.

I hate clutter as well. For that reason I use different desktops and
monitors, With one desktop you will have clutter when you have 3 windows
open. One is over the other and mayem ensues.

With different desktops youhave only those things that belong together.
My old screenshots: http://houghi.org/shots/wmaker/index.php

Only when i'm editing photo's i turn on the second monitor.

I can't work with that. Even at work I have 2 monitors in the last
several companies I worked for. It realy works great. One for monitoring
and the other to type on.

To each its own i gues.

16 desktops...Brrr..

You could also say that I can activate any group of programs in one go,
instead of clicking of activating them seperately. e.g. slrn is next to
firefox, so I can do searches. Liferea is also next to a different
firefox, so I can read the artcle.

Now say I would be working on a website. One screen is to look at and do
a refresh. The other screen has 3 terminals next to each other. One so I
can look at code elsewhere, the other two to edit code.

Of those 16 desktops, there are only about 5 that I activaly switch
between. And it is nice not to need launch a program, because it is
already running.

houghi
--
Personally, I think most sports fans are a little "gay". They'd
rather watch a bunch of sweaty guys jumping all over eachother,

  • Re: Multiple monitors
    ... etc.), one for administrivia, one with a monthly calendar, etc. ... to the two monitors I have attached. ... capability that is present on all desktops. ... But, I am trying to get rid of workstations -- yet, electing to save ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Screenshot speichern
    ... > Google liefert mir zwar Sources um Screenshots von Teilen des Desktops zu ... aber explizit ein Fenster blieb ohne Ergebnis. ... > Internet Explorers mit einer bestimmten Größe blieb unbeantwortet. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.vb)
    ... 1080p pc monitors 2ms response ... monitors one pc different screens ... 22 inch hdtv pc lcd monitors ... business monitors pc desktops monitors ...
    (sci.engr)
    ... pc with dual monitors ... highest rated lcd pc monitors ... business pc desktops monitors ... security screens for pc monitors ...
    (rec.games.backgammon)
  • eDigitex Online Store
    ... Apple - Notebooks, Desktops, Monitors ... - BEST Prices you can find!! ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)