Re: Apache2 with php - how to get them working together

scott wrote:

I have a OpenSuSE 11.0 system with Apache2 and PHP loaded. Apache2
runs fine. I have created a .php file and tried to execute the php
file, but my browser wants to download the script file instead of
executing it. How do I tell Apache2 to execute it?

Thanks!

What ? I tried to execute the php file ? Sounds like either you or me is
confused !

So you've configured Apache2 to enable php scripting ? Use ->Yast ->
Network Services -> HTTP Server -> On the second page you have 'Enable PHP
Srcipting' enabled ?

Then you created a web page with the php code included and put it in your
web folder (srv/www/htdocs) with the proper permissions ? Then you
restarted Apache in a terminal:

1. sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And then you opened your browser to http://localhost ?

Or am I just in a parallel universe ?