Re: Apache2 with php - how to get them working together

scott wrote:

I have a OpenSuSE 11.0 system with Apache2 and PHP loaded. Apache2
runs fine. I have created a .php file and tried to execute the php
file, but my browser wants to download the script file instead of
executing it. How do I tell Apache2 to execute it?

Thanks!

What ? I tried to execute the php file ? Sounds like either you or me is
confused !

So you've configured Apache2 to enable php scripting ? Use ->Yast ->
Network Services -> HTTP Server -> On the second page you have 'Enable PHP
Srcipting' enabled ?

Then you created a web page with the php code included and put it in your
web folder (srv/www/htdocs) with the proper permissions ? Then you
restarted Apache in a terminal:

1. sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And then you opened your browser to http://localhost ?

Or am I just in a parallel universe ?

  • Re: Apache2 with php - how to get them working together
    ... I have created a .php file and tried to execute the php ... How do I tell Apache2 to execute it? ... running on a different machine than the browser was running on. ... It should work if server and client are virtualized on the same hardware. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Apache2 with php - how to get them working together
    ... I have created a .php file and tried to execute the php ... How do I tell Apache2 to execute it? ... running on a different machine than the browser was running on. ... Doesn't matter where the server and client are. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Call a local function or a separate PHP file?
    ... some data to/from a mySQL database whenever a user hit an HTML form button ... multiple rows of data queried from a database, with a check box next to each ... PHP begins executing a different PHP file, ... script can call instead a local function to execute the job? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: PHP & Javascript new window forces main page to load blank screen
    ... > executed as part of a PHP file when a user clicks on an thumbnail image. ... > The PHP is executed which passes some variables to Javascript to execute ... > PHP / Javascript script). ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Apache2 with php - how to get them working together
    ... How do I tell Apache2 to execute it? ... wanted Apache2 to run the .php file. ... Went to the web site: http://www.whatever.com/index.php and Firefox still wants to download the .php file. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)