Re: Opensuse 11 - turning

DenverD <"spam.trap\\REMOVE \"at\" SOME\\texan.dk"> wrote:
Have you discussed it with them? Have you changed ideas about this with
them? Have they told you why they do it?
You can do any of the following:
1) file a bugreport
2) Discuss it during an IRC session
3) Discuss it on one of the mailing lists
4) Talk to them during meetings in person

The open in openSUSE works both ways.

i've not found the openSUSE developers to be very open (receptive) to anything
that they didn't think of first..

and, since they already thought up the idea of shoving a beagle into the default
install, i didn't figure it was worth my time to try to change their mind..

anyway, if they EVER look in their own fora <http://forums.opensuse.org/> they
can NOT help but notice that their puppy is "a huge slaverying lump with an
appetite" sufficient to cause many many folks to shoot that puppy!

First thing I do is delete beagle and friends after a new install
-- that is once I get the machine back from the cycle-stealing
werewolf of a program.

--
--- Paul J. Gans

  • Re: Opensuse 11 - turning
    ... file a bugreport ... Discuss it during an IRC session ... i've not found the openSUSE developers to be very open to anything ... appetite" sufficient to cause many many folks to shoot that puppy! ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: How to add programs to Puppy ????
    ... You follow instructions to write the Puppy .iso to USB instead of burning it to CD. ... I wanted to install it ... You can look at the drives with such as GPartEd which is in the System group, which in Puppy is configured to just look at one drive at a time such as hdd sda or hdd sdb or usb sdc -- or it can be alternatively configured to scan all drives at startup. ... It came with Seamonkey and Opera. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • How to add programs to Puppy ????
    ... While I know Puppy is made to be ooted from a CD, I do not have a CD ... I wanted to install it ... is there a way to identify the drives using ... It came with Seamonkey and Opera. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Just plain fucked...
    ... running puppy. ... But was the WiFi card driver provided with the installation CD, ... sure" and the "trim the fat" questions and the install works. ... The Arch Linux concept of "rolling upgrades" is kinda cool too; ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Annoying password on PcLinuc Live CD wont let me login
    ... Windows, since Windows does the same thing, such as watch videos, play ... The one thing that Puppy has been handy for, is to backup my hard drive. ... whole partition without problems. ... But I've completely given up trying to install it, ...
    (alt.os.linux)