Re: Opensuse 11 - turning

David Bolt <blacklist-me@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Paul J Gans wrote:-

<snip>

First thing I do is delete beagle and friends after a new install
-- that is once I get the machine back from the cycle-stealing
werewolf of a program.

Not installing it initially means not having it ever stealing processor
cycles. It only takes a couple of minutes at the beginning of the
install, and means there's no residue left behind[0], unlike if you kill
it after it gets started.

[0] There's ${HOME}/.beagle for starters and probably other locations
left behind as well.

I've tried that. But there are some other programs involved
with Beagle that are left behind. At the first update, yast
notes that a dependency, Beagle, is missing, and reinstalls
it.

So I remove it after install. The removal causes the updater
to scream about the remaining dependencies, which I can then
identify and remove.

It only takes a few minutes to do this.

--
--- Paul J. Gans