Re: OpenSUSE 11.1 Permission Problems +1

Thomas Tootle <tomtootle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paul J Gans wrote:
Thomas Tootle <tomtootle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I attempted this by doing chmod -c 777 90-hal.rules in the rules.d
directory but I still can't mount my thumbdrive as user.

I'm puzzled. Shouldn't the thumb drive automount?

Do you boot directly into runlevel 5 or do you go to runlevel 3
first?

Hi Paul,
I go directly to runlevel 5 where I login at a GUI. They always
automounted before! But when I try to access the files I get a warning
sign. If I right click on it I get a menu with mount volume. When I
select that I'm dumped back to the desktop and get the warning sign.
Didn't have this trouble previously with openSUSE. Very secure. Even the
user can't get into it! Would appreciate a little less security so I
could use them. Will keep googling.

Hmm. I don't have 11.1 installed yet. And probably won't for
at least another week. I'll look for that behavior. And I
hope you get a solution before then!

--
--- Paul J. Gans

  • Re: OpenSUSE 11.1 Permission Problems +1
    ... Paul J Gans wrote: ... Shouldn't the thumb drive automount? ... Do you boot directly into runlevel 5 or do you go to runlevel 3 ... If I right click on it I get a menu with mount volume. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: OpenSUSE 11.1 Permission Problems +1
    ... Thomas Tootle wrote: ... directory but I still can't mount my thumbdrive as user. ... Shouldn't the thumb drive automount? ... Do you boot directly into runlevel 5 or do you go to runlevel 3 ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] -- Install Problem #1 -- 3c509 -- 9.1 Pro -- SUCCESS -Boot Log --going to Problem #2
    ... Master Resource Control: previous runlevel: N, ... Warning: ... Starting RPC portmap daemonportmap: fork: Successdone ... Starting rsync daemondone ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: OpenSUSE 11.1 Permission Problems +1
    ... Paul J Gans wrote: ... Do you boot directly into runlevel 5 or do you go to runlevel 3 ... If I right click on it I get a menu with mount volume. ... are no front USB ports and the case is under the desk. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Problem After Rebooting
    ... > When you boot in rescue mode, you are running off the CD and the ... There is no GUI at runlevel 3. ... the following syntax for the mount command. ... around with Linux after I retired so I could exercise the ole brain ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)