Re: unreadable fonts with konqueror over X11

J G Miller <miller@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
The easiest way to resolve the problem is to install the necessary
fonts locally.

OR install the remote machine as a X11 font server, because then
"remote X servers" can get their fonts from the machine the application
IS running on. So then even "own fonts" of the application can be
found.
** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman@xxxxxxxxxx, fax: +31-15-278 7295 **

  • Re: Fonts and remote login
    ... logging in from, and fonts existing on the remote machine, ... have no influence on the local X11 screen. ... But when I do a local login the local workstation offers more fonts than if I do the remote login. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Fonts and remote login
    ... Fonts, normally, are a property of a local workstation that you are ... logging in from, and fonts existing on the remote machine, ... and X11 knowledge - just read man pages for "xfs", X Font Server. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Reflection, Japanese, and UTF-8 on Win2000?
    ... To install international fonts ... your PC is configured for a code page that the Reflection installer does not ... recognize then a Typical Installation will not install the fonts you need. ... Reflection provides a complete set of international fonts. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: Word (WordPDE module) crashes every time when Print->Save as PDF
    ... reinstalled from scratch using my install disk, ... duplicate fonts screwing things up for Safari. ... duplicates came back. ... that happens to be the only installed copy you can reinstall if it's a font ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: msttcorefonts install breaks FC6 printing, help!
    ... see that amanda is unable to print her backup reports. ... When the rpm ran its postinstall thing, it only does two things, ... Did you copy some fonts ... For this install, ...
    (Fedora)