Re: Could this be a zero-length partition?
- From: Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:14:24 GMT
On 2009-01-21, Günther Schwarz <strap@xxxxxx> wrote:
Vahis wrote:Have you got anything more about this? A reference?
I ran fsck and e2fsck, with same result:
e2fsck: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read
while trying to open /dev/sdb1
Could this be a zero-length partition?
The drive is a SATA Barracuda, not very old.
Seagate has currently a severe and nasty problem with their firmware on
some SATA drives. Among these are e.g.
Is your drive on this list (ls /dev/disk/by-id/)? If so, good luck with
your backups ;-)
I'm thinking of this: ST31000333AS for a replacement.
It's not on your list while ST31000340AS is there and it even seems to cost
like 10 euros more in a local shop.
"Too bad all the people who know how to run this country
are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair."
- Prev by Date: Re: Could this be a zero-length partition?
- Next by Date: Re: Linux web server - dedicated builds/distros
- Previous by thread: Re: Could this be a zero-length partition?
- Next by thread: Re: Could this be a zero-length partition?