Re: Suse, bootable USB stick and Grub

marrgol wrote:

On 2009-03-10 22:36, Roger wrote:
I've also tried grub-install.unsupported /dev/sdf1 as suggested by
another poster and get the response /dev/sdf1 doesnot have any
corresponding BIOS drive

Why sdf1?? Try:

grub-install.unsupported --root-directory=/media/disk /dev/sdf

Still reports "/dev/sdf does not have any corresponding BIOS drive"

  • OK - heres a new thread to sort this mess out folks...
    ... as did another poster before me. ... Rom's idea that I could remove my drop filter ... Agent can't filter *only* on threads started by such posters. ... This is similar to Problem 1 except that the response from poster B ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Byetta is for everybody!!
    ... to Byetta has appeared from a new poster out of the blue, ... While the original post proclaiming that Byetta is for everybody ... your response is typical of what is quite wrong with this ... looking for information to help solve their very real health problems. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Dr. Schwarcz replies
    ... A google groups search revelas no previous posts from you. ... I would have thought that anyone who claims to be such a superior being that they have not only learned to think, and possesses such an arrogance that they choose to laugh at others as often as they can would have wondered how it is that a poster, who has not otherwise engaged in this skirmish, would have chosen to mention peer reviews. ... I wouldn't find Dr Schwarz's reply unusual between intimates either, but I do find his reply to be extremely odd when used, as claimed, in response to an email from an unknown contact. ...
    (rec.gardens.edible)
  • Re: Need Help...
    ... Art wrote: ... > There was nothing terribly wrong in Nathan McNulty's response to the OP. ... > a newsgroup that specializes in the area of interest raised by the poster. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Need Help...
    ... > Nathan your very hard on the mystery guy, ... There was nothing terribly wrong in Nathan McNulty's response to the OP. ... a newsgroup that specializes in the area of interest raised by the poster. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)