Network timeouts with bridging

Hi,

could someone help me please?

My system is an openSuSE 11.1 server (32Bit).

I have setup bridging to be used for qemu virtual machines, but the
timeouts I get I remember were available with additional IP adresses
for an apache server (virtual host) too.

So I assume the timeouts may came from bridging configuration. My
questions:

Do I need a special kernel to be optimized for bridging to avoid
timeouts more than 5 to 10 seconds?

Is there anything wrong with my setup?

Thanks

Lothar

My setup:

eth0: 192.168.178.0/24
eth1: 192.168.150.0/24
br0: 192.168.100.0/24

At br0 are setup tap0-3 (dynamically, with qemu-ifup):

#!/bin/sh

echo "Executing /etc/qemu-ifup"
echo "Bringing up $1 for bridged mode..."
ifconfig $1 0.0.0.0 promisc up
echo "Adding $1 to br0..."
brctl addif br0 $1
sleep 2

My qemu instances are started in runlevel rc3 and 5:

modprobe kqemu
sleep 10
chmod 666 /dev/kqemu
cd /home/qemu
qemu -M pc -hda jedi.img -m 256 -kernel-kqemu -net nic -net tap -
daemonize -nographic
qemu -M pc -hda cvs-server.img -m 256 -kernel-kqemu -net nic -net tap -
daemonize -nographic

# The following servers should be shared or rotated anyhow
qemu -M pc -hda openmoko-develop.img -m 256 -kernel-kqemu -net nic -
net tap -daemonize -nographic
qemu -M pc -hda buildserver-openSuSE-10.1.img -m 256 -kernel-kqemu -
net nic -net tap -daemonize -nographic

/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0:
BOOTPROTO='static'
BROADCAST=''
ETHTOOL_OPTIONS=''
IPADDR='192.168.178.2/24'
MTU=''
NAME='88E8001 Gigabit Ethernet Controller'
NETWORK=''
REMOTE_IPADDR=''
STARTMODE='auto'
USERCONTROL='no'
PREFIXLEN='24'

/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth1:
OOTPROTO='static'
BROADCAST=''
ETHTOOL_OPTIONS=''
IPADDR='192.168.150.2/24'
MTU=''
NAME='SMC2-1211TX'
NETWORK=''
REMOTE_IPADDR=''
STARTMODE='auto'
USERCONTROL='no'
PREFIXLEN='24'

/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-br0:
BOOTPROTO='static'
BRIDGE='yes'
BRIDGE_FORWARDDELAY='0'
BRIDGE_PORTS=''
BRIDGE_STP='off'
BROADCAST=''
ETHTOOL_OPTIONS=''
IPADDR='192.168.100.2/24'
MTU=''
NAME=''
NETMASK=''
NETWORK=''
REMOTE_IPADDR=''
STARTMODE='auto'
USERCONTROL='no'
PREFIXLEN='24'

  • Re: How to configure for Two different IP subnets
    ... Active Directory will go haywire in a setup like that. ... AD integrates with the local DNS, so you cannot use the DNS at your ISP ... With Server 2003 Standard ... for its internal interface (ie the VPN endpoint). ...
  • RE: To Setup Exchange or not to Setup Exchange...That is the Question.
    ... enough rescources to handle the load that Exchange will put on it. ... into your server in no time, so you will either have to have a very fast RAID ... You can also setup RPC over HTTP for your sales people to reteive e-mail ... phones can download a simple POP client to the phone to get E-mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • trouble with shared fax service
    ... I setup the shared fax service for the first time on a machine that has SBS ... Our server has one network card connected to a wireless ... Client problem: After setting up shared fax service on the server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Specified network name is no longer available
    ... ISP says nothing wrong with the connection.. ... Also it works just fine if the guys make a dial up VPN connection to ... On it's own the SBS2003 server worked well, ... So Site B was setup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Inherited botched w2k3 SBS install, is this recoverable?
    ... continue installing rest of the SBS Components. ... Server Setup. ... Microsoft Windows Small Business Server Setup, ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)