Network timeouts with bridging

Hi,

could someone help me please?

My system is an openSuSE 11.1 server (32Bit).

I have setup bridging to be used for qemu virtual machines, but the
timeouts I get I remember were available with additional IP adresses
for an apache server (virtual host) too.

So I assume the timeouts may came from bridging configuration. My
questions:

Do I need a special kernel to be optimized for bridging to avoid
timeouts more than 5 to 10 seconds?

Is there anything wrong with my setup?

Thanks

Lothar

My setup:

eth0: 192.168.178.0/24
eth1: 192.168.150.0/24
br0: 192.168.100.0/24

At br0 are setup tap0-3 (dynamically, with qemu-ifup):

#!/bin/sh

echo "Executing /etc/qemu-ifup"
echo "Bringing up $1 for bridged mode..."
ifconfig $1 0.0.0.0 promisc up
echo "Adding $1 to br0..."
brctl addif br0 $1
sleep 2

My qemu instances are started in runlevel rc3 and 5:

modprobe kqemu
sleep 10
chmod 666 /dev/kqemu
cd /home/qemu
qemu -M pc -hda jedi.img -m 256 -kernel-kqemu -net nic -net tap -
daemonize -nographic
qemu -M pc -hda cvs-server.img -m 256 -kernel-kqemu -net nic -net tap -
daemonize -nographic

# The following servers should be shared or rotated anyhow
qemu -M pc -hda openmoko-develop.img -m 256 -kernel-kqemu -net nic -
net tap -daemonize -nographic
qemu -M pc -hda buildserver-openSuSE-10.1.img -m 256 -kernel-kqemu -
net nic -net tap -daemonize -nographic

/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0:
BOOTPROTO='static'
BROADCAST=''
ETHTOOL_OPTIONS=''
IPADDR='192.168.178.2/24'
MTU=''
NAME='88E8001 Gigabit Ethernet Controller'
NETWORK=''
REMOTE_IPADDR=''
STARTMODE='auto'
USERCONTROL='no'