Re: Smart GUI - the worst program in existence

DenverD wrote:
using smart, no....i use zypper or yast..

next time give a hint which suse you run....i ask, because YaST on
10.3 is like a dream come true...try it..

I never had an issue using YaST on any version. So what is the reason
you specificaly talk about 10.3?

They have come a long way. Zypper is also great to use if just
installing and removing stuff, although I use OCICLI more often for
installation.

houghi
--
"Other than the fact Linux has a cool name, could someone explain why I should
use Linux over BSD? No. That's it. The cool name, that is. We worked very hard

  • Re: Thoughts on 10.0
    ... >> To be fixed now.I also noticed that in 10.0 any root based application ... authentication, there is a slight lag but this is merely the authentication ... Since I add a lot of sources to the Yast Package Manager, ... the live versions are there too if you want to try it without installing. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Hotplug Device (wlan question)
    ... >> I need to change name because as I wrote in the past with Yast DSL ... how I found them was doing: "pin wlan" ... I would suggest installing it now. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Re: v11.0 Beta2 on Thinkpad 390X
    ... The YaST printer module didn't get installed by default on either ... After installing the module, YaST tried to ... Printing did work properly after setup. ... Wireless - Did not work on my Powerbook. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Installing software off the DVD?
    ... A bit of poking around with google reveals that Yast is not working for some ... I dont want to spend a day installing X windows by hand. ... yast had just crashed my Suse box. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Installing RPMs via Konqueror
    ... > to have this feature working as I'm hoping that by selecting it, YaST ... > will be able to see and use supporting rpms in the same directory rather ... > than installing the rpms one at a time. ... > this SuSE KDE/Konqueror feature to work, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)