Installing VMWare Server error with gcc version

During the install, it tells me the kernel (2.6.27.25-0.1) was built with
gcc 4.3.2

Installed gcc is 4.3 (11.1 64 bit installed and latest update today).
What is available from standard repositories is 4.3.3

Perhaps this will make no difference ....

  • BETA5 hangs shortly after boot. Unknown cause.
    ... Just cvsup-ed to BETA5 tonight and after having built world and built ... and installed the kernel I rebooted into single user to install world. ... I must be stupid, stupid, stupid, but in my defence: ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • BETA5 hangs shortly after boot. Unknown cause.
    ... Just cvsup-ed to BETA5 tonight and after having built world and built ... and installed the kernel I rebooted into single user to install world. ... I must be stupid, stupid, stupid, but in my defence: ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Problem setting up lm-sensors
    ... > Further info on this, and on sensors-detect, in the INSTALL file. ... but it seems pointless to build the entire kernel ... I have built bind and sendmail with no problems. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Seeking Help
    ... opinion that either the Kernel has a bug, or my motherboard needs to go ... Install from DVD, install over the Internet, install from a Live CD, or what? ... Then what sort of system which you "built": how much RAM, what speed, what speed cpu? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: mplayer
    ... >> why hasn't this been built into the fedora kernel ... can choose which application to install to view DVD's. ... Meet the all-new My Yahoo! ...
    (Fedora)