Re: KMix muting

John Bowling wrote:

I'm trying VMWare in another box to check it, but I still have the problem
of sound being turned off. Could XP be disabling the sound card?

May well be.
I've had a case where a setting in XP disabled my wireless card. And
nothing was able to revive it in opensuse.
So, yeah, you may want to check what kind of apps in XP toggle the
settings on your sound card.

Luca
--
"MTV is to music what KFC is to chicken."
- Lewis Black

  • Re: Intel D945Psn disabling on board sound
    ... But I still can not disable it in the BIOS. ... Boot process will not pass ... so I have decided to get PCI sound card. ... disabling on board sound. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Intel D945Psn disabling on board sound
    ... But I still can not disable it in the BIOS. ... Boot process will not pass ... so I have decided to get PCI sound card. ... disabling on board sound. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Strange Action in Win-XP
    ... and i have disabled even the sound card, ... didnt help, so i went on disabling the sound card, and ... when it didnt help we restarted the computer on Safe mode ... >> Thanking you ...
  • Re: KDE 3.5RC1: knotify & kdesktop crashes on PC w/o sound card
    ... Cord Walter wrote: ... For the machine without a sound card, try disabling it at the system level ... As for the machine with the USB sound card, I'm not sure what you can do. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • RE: Freeze Up & Ear Spliting Noise
    ... try disabling your sound card and enabling on board if u have it at least i can use that for now. ... if u dont have on just play games witout sound by jsut disabling ur sc. ... duz ur game still crash even if ur soudn card is diasbled and ur playign a game? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)