Re: KMix muting

Luca skrev:
John Bowling wrote:

I'm trying VMWare in another box to check it, but I still have the problem
of sound being turned off. Could XP be disabling the sound card?

May well be.
I've had a case where a setting in XP disabled my wireless card. And
nothing was able to revive it in opensuse.
So, yeah, you may want to check what kind of apps in XP toggle the
settings on your sound card.

Luca
With a newer driver in XP my wireless card is not working when I boot
into openSUSE 11.1 untill I disconnect the card and reconnect it. You
don't remember which setting in XP you had to change?
Inge Svensson

  • Re: Installing Hardware on PC
    ... You must know what sound card you have. ... There are applications out there that can identify what hardware you have, ...
  • Re: Installing Hardware on PC
    ... > You must know what sound card you have. ... > There are applications out there that can identify what hardware you have, ...
  • Re: Mysterious loss of sound
    ... You may wish to try switching your card to another slot as I suggest in my ... the fact that your speakers work is definitely a goodsign ... So if you are really hoping for a chance to get a better sound card anyway, ... I don't always trust the device manager saying that a device works properly ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Suggestions for motherboard in cocktail cabinet
    ... My biggest question is the choice of motherboard. ... cocktail table until I needed to put it to use as a general-use PC. ... possible, but he ended up having to use an add-on sound card, which is ...
    (alt.games.mame)
  • Re: Home Recording??
    ... A good sound card is ... For software, Cubase versions are also worth a look, ... both the card and the software are fully ASIO supporting. ... look...kind of like a POD and a mic preamp all in one and might be very ...
    (alt.guitar)