Re: Next openSUSE

On 2009-08-21, Happy Oyster <happy.oyster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
The big problems occurs when using VMware and the automatic update spoils the
kernel. The only way to stop that: to switch off automatic update. (The
parameter of the special switch for the kernel I had not known.)

Most of the time the biggest whiners _don't know_

I have in my crontab: zypper up -y -t patch --skip-interactive
It was put there by YaST.

It gave me mail yesterday about the available kernel patch.

Simple.

I update the kernel when it best suits me. Like I did 1 hour 22 mins ago.

After that I simply ran #vmware-config.pl

Nothing spoiled there.

Simple again.

Beagle is a craze when one deals with large file numbers.

I don't know about you but here it works just fine.
Once I got to know what needs to and what must not be done.

Before that it gave me some probs. Instead of whining and moaning I went
to ask for advise and I got help instantly.

Now it works fine and finds anything in a second
from my several TB of disks.

Simple

Grow up.
That may not be so simple.

Vahis
--
"Sunrise 5:50am (EEST), sunset 8:55pm (EEST) at Espoo, Finland (15:04 hours daylight)"
http://waxborg.servepics.com

  • Re: Suse 10 problems - SSH
    ... because I really feel that's something I need to watch over. ... But if the problem have been a automatic update and the kernel has been ... running kernel). ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Next openSUSE
    ... The only way to stop that: to switch off automatic update. ... parameter of the special switch for the kernel I had not known.) ... them any credit card information. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Suse 10 problems - SSH
    ... because I really feel that's something I need to watch over. ... But if the problem have been a automatic update and the kernel has been ... running kernel). ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: New Patch Fixes 43 Flaws In OS X, Many Serious
    ... A product being a "Unix" has no security implications ... Mac OS X would then become higher ... So it is with any kernel, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Story Time
    ... In this case, the General Public License says that "you" can freely use "his" code, but that if you distribute the subsequent binaries to anyone else, you must share your changes with "them". ... the GPL encourages you to charge money for shipping your code to your distributees. ... difference ins the kernel between the two versions. ...
    (comp.os.vms)