Suse 11 server network configuration
- From: Merlin Morgenstern <merlin_x@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 13:29:30 +0200
I am running suse 11 as a server inside a virtualbox 3.x environment on a laptop. There is no problem as long as I am in the office with WLAN, but once I am disconected from the internet I can not access the server anymore as the network is not configured correctly and I do not know how to fix that.
Following set up:
1 suse 11 with 2 network cards: Loopback; WLAN
2 Vista as a host for Virtualbox
3 Intranet with many machines inside the 192.168.0.x range
I configured the card as follows:
1. WLAN card: Static IP with alias 192.168.0.109
2. Loopback with 192.168.0.109
I know that I should assign 2 different IPs, but I need this server to be accessible under this IP, no matter if I am on a train or connected to the net.
I can access the box if I disable one of those two cards and reboot.
How can I configure the network to make suse respond to the same IP through WLAN and through Loopback?
Thank you for any help!
- Prev by Date: OpenSUSE Installer halts at 'Loading Linux Kernel' stage
- Next by Date: Re: Can't Download Repository List
- Previous by thread: OpenSUSE Installer halts at 'Loading Linux Kernel' stage
- Next by thread: Re: Suse 11 server network configuration