suse verses ubuntu

I have noticed a lot of outfits are using Ubuntu. Dell is offering it.
Anyone know how Ubuntu stacks up against Suse.
Wondering what the major differences are. I am still going to use Suse,
but have been thinking about putting Ubuntu on as a second OS and seeing
how it works. But what to get some input about it first.

Paul T.

--
The only dumb question, is the one not asked

  • Ubuntu Linux - first impressions
    ... Ubuntu Linux - first impressions ... I've been a happy SuSE 9 user for the best part of a year, ... Ubuntu "warty" released it looked interesting, ... Partitioning could prove dangerous, as it would be very easy to press ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Newbie query: Ubuntu vs openSUSE
    ... SUSE is an old distro, ... one of the main GNOME software development ... the Red Hat Package Manager. ... Ubuntu is much newer. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: CTAN package update: PSTricks examples
    ... Tell this to Suse and Ubuntu guys...they DIDN'T WANT or CANNOT make ... but none of them is paid a penny for their services. ... but updated packages most often appear the next ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Two day experiment
    ... I have two physical hard drives, ... and then copy all of my data onto it using KDar. ... I tried to reboot back into SuSE. ... the Ubuntu forums and printing out a ream of paper led me to a career ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: I give in.
    ... I have always run Suse, but on the machine I am replacing I had wifi ... I eventually tried installing suse as the linux boot, ... install fedora 7, and a fine system that looks as well. ... I got fed up and decided to try ubuntu - I never had - and it seemed ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)