Re: A few questions

On October 21, 2009 14:04, in alt.os.linux.suse, DenverD
(spam.trap@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

I still think the Warp 4 desktop ... nothing else has come close.

agree...i wonder (if IBM would open source the code)

IIRC, that option has been rejected a number of times by IBM. Apparently,
there's licenced, propriatary IP in OS/2 (Workplace Desktop and all) that
would prevent it from being relicenced with a FOSS licence.

if it would be
possible to hack up a Warp (object oriented) desktop as just another
DE available... ???

I vaguely recall hearing about an OO desktop environment for X, but I have
no specifics about it. Nextstep, perhaps? Or something like it?

like we need another DE to argue about....OH, and could argue about
'e' (the Warp version of vi--but MUCH better!!)....

--
Lew Pitcher