Re: A few questions

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:07:26 +0200, houghi wrote:

Rick wrote:
When you installed, did you install KDE, Gnome or other environment,
and then switch the window manager, or are you using Windowmaker
standalone?

I install KDE and GNOME as well as Windowmaker during the installation.
The reason is that it 'only' takes up HD space and I use GNOME and KDE
programs anyway.

I use KDM and at the first login I select Windowmaker.

Thanks. I didn't something similar when I was using Windowmaker fairly
exclusively.

Another couple of questions, if you don't mind.

How do you manage fonts in Windowmaker. The only solution manipulating
fonts is to use something like Gnome's control center.

How do you control your wired and wireless network under Windowmaker.

At least I've got pYneighborhood working this time :-)

--
Rick

  • Re: Ubuntu loosing its popularity
    ... I went from there to Caldera, the first distro to bundle KDE. ... Well, like you, I've been a GNOME user for a long time - since 2004 ... WindowMaker has potential and looks great. ... Based on the Xfce traffic on the list, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • SuSE 9.3 and Gnome
    ... pro and the install went groovy but neither Gnome nor metacity is brought ... I CAN use Windowmaker, but when I select ... pretty annoyed at the lack of mp3 support 'out of the box' - oh sure, ... can just go download the Multimedia packs from YOU, and I did, but I'm ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Gnome/WindowMaker How to
    ... decide to install some new themes for FC3 Gnome. ... Found out that alot of the themes I was interested in required WindowMaker. ... Home - Great Inagua, The Bahamas "It just keep getting better, The Bahamas" ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: What Linux distro for old PC?
    ... > to even run KDE and gnome at a decent speed but not with 32mb of RAM. ... > runs Windowmaker as my screenmanager. ... Just compile your own version of gaim. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Windowmaker and NetworkManager
    ... How do I manage my networks when I am using windowmaker as my desktop ... This tool has been the sole reason i switched back to using WindowMaker after having to compromise on using Gnome with all it's bells and whistles, ... After starting docker, you can start off any of the gnome-panel applets and they will appear in docker. ...
    (Fedora)