Re: [11.2] mp3 with Amarok 2

Malcolm wrote:
Will see what I can get via the web. They talk about libxine and that
is installed. :-(

Hi
Have you seen this one?
<http://forums.opensuse.org/applications/multimedia/425140-amarok-2-1-1-not-playing-my-mp3.html>
points to this;
<http://packman.links2linux.org/package/xine-lib>

That was the one. And it gets stranger. There now seem to be some right
issues.
As user:
houghi@houghi:~> play /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav
ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4154:(_snd_config_evaluate) function
snd_func_card_driver returned error: Permission denied
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4154:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat
returned error: Permission denied
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4154:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: Permission denied
ALSA lib conf.c:4633:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: Permission
denied
ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
play FAIL formats: can't open output file `default': snd_pcm_open error:
Permission denied

As root:
houghi:~ # play /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav

/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav:

File Size: 147k Bit Rate: 768k
Encoding: Signed PCM
Channels: 1 @ 16-bit
Samplerate: 48000Hz
Replaygain: off
Duration: 00:00:01.53

In:100% 00:00:01.53 [00:00:00.00] Out:73.5k [ | ] Hd:5.9
Clip:0

As root I am able to use banshee, as user I can start it, see no
errormessages in the terminal, but I still do not hear anything.

--
houghi

The businessworld is like prison and M$ made everybody their bitch.

  • Re: Un-explained files in /tmp
    ... computer and logged in using CDE, then rebooted again and logged into ... Looks stranger now. ... Those gs_* files are still persistent, but the strange part is they are owned by my user id, not root, nothing should be my user id at all. ... Doing an lpstat -t showed there was a print job running on a printer not connected at all. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: alsaplayer does not work as normal user
    ... They only run for root. ... All users are in group audio, as well as related devices and proc ... returned error: No such device ... The wierd thing is that as root, I get no error and the sound is played ...
    (Debian-User)
  • alsaplayer does not work as normal user
    ... They only run for root. ... All users are in group audio, as well as related devices and proc ... returned error: No such device ... The wierd thing is that as root, I get no error and the sound is played ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: rkhunter found this...
    ... So, as root, he was writing to a plain file in dev. ... Time flies like the wind. ... Stranger things have .0. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Ewe numbers falling?
    ... In message, Malcolm writes ... The problem with pulling is that it tends to leave a ring of root ends in the ground, each one of which is capable of developing into a plant ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)