Re: Questions about 11.2 and KDE4
- From: Will Honea <whonea@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:54:48 -0700
There seems to be a lot of people who have an issue with KDE 4.x. To me
that looks as if it might be a KDE thing and not so much an openSUSE
If people think that is wrong, start using KDE 4.x on an other
I think you have the gist of the whole topic - either KDE 4 or the openSUSE
implementation are causing a lot of heartburn. Since the desktop
environment is the visible face of the distribution the crap flows downhill
from there and the whole distro gets slammed.
I know you don't use KDE so you may be missing the impact KDE 4 is having -
no way am I going to subject users to this mess when I finally got them
comfortable with KDE 3. I may have to pass on 11.2 regardless of the
improvements behind the desktop - and these improvements are appreciable.
Life is too short and too much work needs to get done to screw around with
extended beta testing of a upgraded component that offers no discernable
improvement/efficiency from the users.
- Prev by Date: Re: 11.2 KDE 4
- Next by Date: Re: Questions about 11.2 and KDE4
- Previous by thread: Re: Questions about 11.2 and KDE4
- Next by thread: Re: Questions about 11.2 and KDE4