How to create a USB flash software repository?

Is there a tool that can create a software repository on a USB flash
drive, including all software currently installed on one machine, so
that I can use that repository to install the same software on a
non-networked machine?

I have my desktop PC running Linux well enough, but I also have a
laptop which hasn't been connected to any network for years. Running
Windows, this was a policy thing - the machine slows down too much
when running firewall, antivirus etc.

On Linux, performance is fine, but I have completely failed to get the
laptop to connect via my ethernet cable modem. This also fails in
Windows - something to do with failing to acquire an IP address. I
have also failed to get a WIFI network connection running between the
laptop and desktop PCs.

I have my doubts about whether the ethernet port is faulty, though I
don't think I ever got that PCMCIA WIFI card to work.

Anyway, this is 90% fine. The laptop has been doing non-internet
duties for several years, and that's all I want it to do. The only
trouble is getting software installed that isn't included on the
OpenSUSE install DVD.

With all the repositories currently available online, I'm guessing
there are tools that can manage these repositories, that may be able
to do what I want?

  • Re: Touch Screen - Gunze Driver not working on xp embedded
    ... Thanks Sean. ... Now my next step is to install the application. ... I Add Repository and set the location to point to C:\touchscreen ... I open up TD, I add Gunze component to my build, I make a build ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Next fight with teacup
    ... repository to have a fixed starting point for all modules? ... When one installs a new ActiveTcl, there is, in fact, a "fixed ... After you've got ActiveTcl installed, you can then, via teacup, ... install additional packages using "teacup install". ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: DirSync 1.10 released
    ... the RiscPkg maintainers seem to be in denial about this. ... There is no one repository offering ... for that before you can install the ... package you requested in the first place. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: For Snipe! and devers other sheddi
    ... Your versions 3.0.3pre and 3.0.4pre do not appear in the standard Ubuntu ... Backup all profile folders - because we don't know what you have ... That's the repository that I originally used to download 3.0.3pre and this and the standard Ubuntu repositories are the only ones that I have used. ... I'm suggesting you install the package Thunderbird-3.1 from the daily ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Nvidia help pls ...
    ... of the buttons on any given screen as some of the dialogue boxes ... Web install is something I _always_ avoid in ... Window$ like the plague since they install apps directly from the net ... you'd need to create a repository on your hard ...
    (alt.os.linux)