Re: kdetv

David Bolt wrote:

On Tuesday 19 Jan 2010 08:40, while playing with a tin of spray
paint,
Darklight painted this mural:

keith wrote:

Sounds a bit driver-ish. Are you sure that you've got the right
drivers
installed for the card?

Keith

Yes it is the same driver i had installed in 10.3 kde3.5.10

I had the same issue with kdetv and 11.2. I had a working kdetv
while
running 11.1 but, after upgrading to 11.2 and adding the kde3 repos,
kdetv failed with the exact same "no device found" error. I tried
mythtv and that also fails to find the capture card. Finally, after
Google search, I found a post suggesting tvtime. After installing
that,
I can now use my capture card again.

Regards,
David Bolt

what capture card do you have and what driver do you use for it. As i
said in my former post i tried tvtime i get sound but just a black
screen. I can bring up the configuration window but that does nothing.

  • Re: Suse 10.0 and MP3 support
    ... Lorenzo `paulatz' Paulatto wrote: ... > driver, it is a bit harder to use but work more often and allow you to ... At least now kdetv does not make my screen black anymore. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] HCL is not up to date - nVidia 8400GS ?
    ... On Sunday 07 December 2008 03:14:19 David Bolt wrote: ... motherboard.So far no problems with graphics but I have not tried the 3D to ... any extend. ... Using driver provided from Nvidia website. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: kdetv
    ... David Bolt wrote: ... YaST2 identified it as a Leadtek WinFast TV 2000, ... driver saa7134 ... It picked the bttv module. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)