Re: openSUSE 11.3
- From: Paul J Gans <gansno@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 02:02:46 +0000 (UTC)
arnold <arnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chris Cox wrote:
Is KDE 4 ready? Well.... it's evolving. Takes a bit of
to. It's different.
KDE 4 is just like Linux. it is, and will hopefully continue
to be, a work in progress. The world evolves. We just need to
learn to accept it. :-)
I can't. We went from KDE 3 that worked 99% of the time
to KDE 4 that not only doesn't come close to that, but made
many changes just for the sake of making changes.
Linux also has not progressed ever upwards. But the regressions
have been small and short lasting. It is now quite stable and
I expect it to "just work".
I need KDE, after all this time, to "just work" as well. If it
doesn't I am not dealing with an operating system, but with a toy.
Like many others, I use Linux as a production system. I can't
stop while KDE matures.
--- Paul J. Gans
- Prev by Date: Re: openSUSE 11.3
- Next by Date: Re: openSUSE 11.3
- Previous by thread: Re: openSUSE 11.3
- Next by thread: Re: openSUSE 11.3