John Bowling wrote:

Paul J Gans wrote:

Kevin Nathan <knathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:19:56 +0100
houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Almost ready for download. Yeah! http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_11.3

:-D

When is 11.4 going to be out? ;-)

I'm holding out for 12.0 and KDE 5.

I want what ever is next (12.0 or 11.3?) but with kde 3.5+ (upgraded but
not to 4.anything).

That would be nice. So many programs are broken in KDE4.3 like kpilot,
pidgin, noteedit, Bibletime among them and which I use on a consistent
basis.

Well up date i have kde4.4.1 release 227 installed a vast improvement over
kde3.5.10 which i did like.

I will find out soon enough. I take this seriously enough that I'm
freeing up an older machine to use as a test bed. I can't take the
production machines down just to test KDE 4.whatever.

--
--- Paul J. Gans

  • Re: openSUSE 11.3
    ... Darrell Stec wrote: ... houghi wrote: ... I'm holding out for 12.0 and KDE 5. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: openSUSE 11.3
    ... John Bowling wrote: ... houghi wrote: ... I'm holding out for 12.0 and KDE 5. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: openSUSE 11.3
    ... Paul J Gans wrote: ... houghi wrote: ... I'm holding out for 12.0 and KDE 5. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Flushing memory
    ... houghi wrote: ... it's busy rescalingvirtually all the wallpapers houghi included in ... konqueror is quite sluggish at refreshing the directories, and KDE ... With KDevelop, Amarok, Opera loaded, and using the Crystal decorations Curve style with all eye candy enabled, RAM usage is about 350MB. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: opensuse is 11.2 is out
    ... Oh, no, houghi! ... I did a new installation that took me some two hours. ... So what I first did was launch KDE, ... KDE in one screen and windowmaker in the other. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)