Re: eSATA issues

Re: your 2TB/1TB issue.. i don't know how to help you with that one.

Well, I solved the 2 TB issue, at least if I use NTFS. To get the disk
recognized in Windows 7, I had to convert it to a gpt disk, rather
than mft. mft apparently only works up to 2 TB (and I guess not
always). Once the disk was converted, Windows saw it on eSATA and
could format it.

So is there a gpt option in 11.2? Is it meaningful for things other
than NTFS? Am I taking a big hit leaving the disk as an NTFS-3g disk?

And I still need to know the proper entry to mount it in /etc/fstab at
boot time.

Thanks,
Jim

  • Re: OT: fdisk
    ... I am in the process of dd the entire disk to a 1TB disk but I wanted to ... BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1 ... I booted into FreeBSD and copied some critical files off of the Windows ... I was able to mount either drive with _ntfs or ntfs-3g. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: OT: fdisk
    ... I am in the process of dd the entire disk to a 1TB disk but I wanted to ... BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1 ... I booted into FreeBSD and copied some critical files off of the Windows ... I was able to mount either drive with _ntfs or ntfs-3g. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: wince6.0 acess NTFS file system in a External HardDrive (or portable hard disk )
    ... , but it's not a Windows CE driver, either. ... I must do the work that make the wince read NTFS file system now. ... usb flash disk wrong. ...
  • Re: Shredding files under XP and NTFS
    ... You would have to use a disk format tool outside of the Windows operating ... NTFS does not ... >>David B. Cross ...
  • Re: Cant see NTFS partition anymore
    ... Sounds like the partition table might have gotten corrupted. ... Windows NT4&2000 MCSE ... it cant access the disk that the file system is unknown. ... formated as NTFS. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)