Re: openSUSE 11.3

Chris Cox <chrisncoxn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 02:06 +0000, Paul J Gans wrote:
That's a matter of opinion. Any major change to the way a system
operates is a serious matter. Not perhaps for hobbiests, but for
folks who use that system in a production environment as I do.

As a result I'm still running 11.1. When that is no longer viable
and I *have* to run a newer system, I will decide if that will
be openSUSE or something else perhaps Gnomish. The learning curve
will be the same for me.

As a long time KDE user... I will say that even though KDE 4 is
different (and lacking in many ways), Gnome is still Gnome and
still leaves you scratching your head and saying "why". That is,
while you might believe that switching to Gnome is possible, it's
still just as broken and bizarre as it's always been. And
Gnome 3 isn't a radical departure, so I don't expect Gnome to
"get it right" anytime soon.

I have only played with Gnome on a portable and I have not done
anything serious with it.

It is the realization that I may well be left high and dry
that has led to my minor upset over this.

--
--- Paul J. Gans
.