Re: openSUSE 11.3

houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paul J Gans wrote:
I need KDE, after all this time, to "just work" as well. If it
doesn't I am not dealing with an operating system, but with a toy.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but KDE is not an operating system.

Houghi, I KNOW that. But KDE is my interface of choice to the
OS. And yes, I do a lot of command line stuff via a terminal
window opened in KDE.

Unfortunatly most people will confuse the OS, the desktop and the
programs. People think because k3b does not work, the desktop is bad and
as the desktop is the OS, because k3b does not work, Linux sucks.

I however now understand better how you think.

Please. Don't patronize me.

--
--- Paul J. Gans

  • Re: Flushing memory
    ... houghi wrote: ... it's busy rescalingvirtually all the wallpapers houghi included in ... konqueror is quite sluggish at refreshing the directories, and KDE ... With KDevelop, Amarok, Opera loaded, and using the Crystal decorations Curve style with all eye candy enabled, RAM usage is about 350MB. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: opensuse is 11.2 is out
    ... Oh, no, houghi! ... I did a new installation that took me some two hours. ... So what I first did was launch KDE, ... KDE in one screen and windowmaker in the other. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Password problems...
    ... houghi wrote: ... KDe you can try to rename .kde/. ... Renaming .kde did not work and now I have now my root user has lost his desktop settings browser bookmarks etc. ... To steal information from a person is called plagarism. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Second GUI not working anymore
    ... houghi wrote: ... KDE is the standard, so that is to be expected. ... Next I tried `startx icewm --:0` and that brought up kde. ... WARNING AHEAD!! ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: KDE configuration.
    ... On 01/08/12 19:30, houghi wrote: ... ~/bin// I made a desktop icon start the script. ... When you install XFCE (or GNOME and probably also KDE) there are a LOT ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)