Re: updating?

DenverD <spam.trap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rob wrote:
It is SUSE LINUX 10.0.

ok..upgrading to 11.2 is 'supported' only from 11.1, see previous
rock's upgrade cite..

Ok, then it is better not to attempt that...

Well, I'll first need to write some (a lot of-) notes about what has
been done to these systems, what is running on them, and what I want
on the new installation.

Quite a lot of work, but probably useful for cleanup as well.

  • Re: Update from 11.4 to 12.3
    ... but such a simplicity upgrade path as the one you describe is NOT going to result in happiness for all who try it.... ... cite: http://tinyurl.com/35p966c ... some steps may fail and you must resort to copying back your backup data. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: kde 4.5.95
    ... identifying as DenverD wrote... ... KDE 3.5.10 here. ... Upgrade: ... To move the spotted bugs around to new locations. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: updating?
    ... rock's upgrade cite.. ... And the school of hard knocks proved even that to be problematic - lots of ... niggling little problems, although most were resolved by the first few ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Dear Novell - Smooth UPGRADES Important
    ... DenverD wrote: ... >> upgrade to SUSE 10.0. ... the orignal install and the upgrade. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: kde 4.5.95
    ... identifying as DenverD wrote... ... That one is totally out-of-date, you should upgrade to 3.5.10, ... you mean someone on the planet has something newer that ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)