Re: user passsword

Barely Audible wrote:
houghi wrote:
Barely Audible wrote:
One of my user passwords is refusing to work - when you enter it the screen just clears and is sat at the login again.. it doesn't report a password failure and just sits there at the login.

I've tried changing the password in Yast and it has no effect. The root login & password still work fine.

This version 11.1 BTW
What desktop are you using? Most likely there is something corrupt there
that does not let you log in. Or better log in and out immidiatly.

Go to <CTRL><ALT><F1> Log in as user. That will test the login and
password.

houghi

Thanks Houghi - the username & password works fine there.. Its just not working on the graphic login for some reason...

Fixed it - In the user account the shell location had been changed somehow.

--
TTFN
Jim

"There is NO job in the Field Artillery for the weak, the
timid or the indecisive."
-- Unknown

  • SQL Connection Problem?
    ... I'm working with CrystalReports.NET to create a report for my VB.NET Windows ... and I'm having trouble with the connection to my SQL ... When I try to run the report, I can't get rid of the login ... displays/processes data from the database. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.crystal)
  • Re: Where am I? :)
    ... Some programs may tweak wtmp to `hide' users that are actively logged ... What a bug about this would report is that set-user-id programs, ... Can't screen and login be modified somehow to take care of this issue? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Most Reported Deaths in Syria Have Not Been Committed By Assad Regime : From antiwar.com
    ... Most Reported Deaths in Syria Have Not Been Committed By Assad Regime ... Login *This blog post*All blog postsSubscribe to this blog post's comments through... ... Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. ...
    (soc.culture.burma)
  • abrt making no sense
    ... I tell it to report. ... One is called Bugzilla, with the rest in red, "Can't login. ... Next time abrt runs, I get the ... Neo-Redneck Not Quite Clueless Power User ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fbreseal corrupts user permissions
    ... If you can easy report the issue I'd suggest you to file a bug to Microsoft: ... (there was some problems reported about fbreseal and NTFS) ... Basically you'd want to check if SID list there include the ... login as "support", i could not set the folder options settings, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)