Re: WHAT AN INSANE SHIT!!!

houghi wrote:

e.g. one standard says what may be contained in a domain name. Another
tells that if you have a domainname at least the postemaster emailadress
must exist. And that is where the fun starts as many postmaster emails
won't wiork, because they are not according to yet another standard.

Which leads to yet another catch-22: if the email listed for a domain
becomes unusable - as mine did when the ISP hosting my email went titsup a
few years back - it took forever to get access back the DNS records to
change the email address because the registrar INSISTED on communicating
only via that email address. I think it took 2 months to finally get the
domains re-hosted because of that little quirk.

--
Will Honea

.