Re: VirtualBox loses exec. bit after Yast Online or Manual Update.
- From: Eike Neumann <cernix@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 23:28:54 +0200
I am running Suse 11.2 and Sun VirtualBox 3.1.8 r61349 witha 11.2,
Win2K, Win 32 bit and Win7 64 bit and have a very strangeproblem.
software using Yast.
- Install VirtualBox, all works fine
- do On-line update (not VirtualBox) or install other
exec bit to
- Exec bit on /usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox is removed.
- Can not start VirtualBox until manually resetting the
allow excecution of /usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox.Hi Hans,
All other files are not effected.
Does anyone has a similar problem?
may be you need to recompile the kernel modules of
virtualbox, because of an upgrade of the kernel. Please try
as root: /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup. This should compile the
kernel modules. But you need to have installed the
- Prev by Date: Re: kde 4.4 ????
- Next by Date: Re: lxde
- Previous by thread: VirtualBox loses exec. bit after Yast Online or Manual Update.
- Next by thread: problem with updating