Re: lxde

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 15:43, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

Martin wrote:
On 26/05/10 12:56, houghi wrote:
Shmuel Metz wrote:
OTOH, the last time I look Yast couldn't handle multiple e-mail
servers.

And that is a good thing as running several at the same time is
extremely seldom needed. I have no heard about situation where there
might be a need.

My wife uses the ISP mail server and the gmail mail server

We are talking about localy installed mailservers, not remote
mailservers.

Maybe. It's possible that Shmuel may have been referring to the mail
server configuration module in YaST2 which configures both outgoing and
incoming mail. It can't configure more than one server from which to
download mail. To do that, you'd need to install and configure
fetchmail. While this isn't exactly hard, some people may have problems
with it.

As an example, my first use of fetchmail was several years ago. I
configured it and then tested it from the console. End results were a
partial success. I did receive some of the mail I was retrieving.
Unfortunately, some of the mail was addressed to unknown users at my
ISPs host and so Sendmail correctly rejected them. This resulted in my
system sending somewhere between 5 and 10 bounces before I could use ^C
to stop it in its tracks. After that, I reconfigured fetchmail, this
time making sure that it would not send bounces and all was well with
the world. Or maybe not. At least I was no longer sending bounces to
the forged senders of mail retrieved by fetchmail that were addressed
to unknown users.

Of course, it's much easier to just use a mail reader that can be
configured to fetch from multiple places. There's little chance of
causing problems for other net users, and the worst you could really do
was to screw it up and not be able to retrieve emails sent to you.

e.g. postfix and sendmail on the same machine.

Unless they are installed in separate installations, either in virtual
machines or on a multi-boot system, or you force rpm to ignore the
conflicts, you can't install Sendmail and Postfix together. Just like
you can't install Exim with either Sendmail or Postfix present due to
dependencies.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | | openSUSE 11.3M4 32b

  • Re: New Event Log Errors!
    ... Somehow along those lines I'd also installed the Certificate Authority ... Did you apply the last Server Pack for SBS Server? ... Please install Windows Support Tools on the win2k3 sp1 problematic ... Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot activate SBS 2003 SP2
    ... everywhere and sitting on the case of the server is the old board - balanced ... slip stream SBS you would have had it ages ago. ... My main reason for slipstreaming the install is because I cannot get ... updates that need to be applied if one is to have a succesful outcome ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot activate SBS 2003 SP2
    ... everywhere and sitting on the case of the server is the old board - balanced ... slip stream SBS you would have had it ages ago. ... My main reason for slipstreaming the install is because I cannot get ... updates that need to be applied if one is to have a succesful outcome ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot activate SBS 2003 SP2
    ... the old array was a raid 5 that should not have become so rooted but the twit who built the server did not actually enable the spare drive to act as a spare!! ... The problem is SBS is unique and I've rarely if ever seen it work. ... The server has been chugging away in a small business environment for several years and I have administered it for them for about a year making sure that the updates were installed and their mailboxes were managed etc etc. ... My main reason for slipstreaming the install is because I cannot get the original 2003 server install to cope with the new hardware and it falls over part way into the install - BSOD bit. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • unsubmit
    ... Using a development server also [Roberto ... Can't find cable Internet connec [Roberto ... You can fix that manually by 'apt-get install ... > development machine, so if the production server goes down, we can ...
    (Debian-User)