Re: RAID 5 and dual boot with Windows 7 64 bit.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 20:35:27 +0200, Inge Svensson
<ingesvensson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Inge Svensson skrev 2010-06-12 20:05:
2010-06-12 11:08, Inge Svensson skrev:
Hans skrev 2010-06-05 16:37:
On 25/05/10 17:02, Inge Svensson wrote:
I wonder if it is possible to set up openSUSE (64 bit) with 3 SATA disks
as RAID 5 with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium on a fourth disk?
Inge Svensson

I have Win7 64 on a IDE disk and suse 11.2 on 3 SATA disks configured
RAID 5.

I installed Win7 first and then Suse 11.2. Win7 shows up as a boot
option in the Grub Menue.
Hans

Thank for the answers. Do you have software RAID? I'm a bit confused
about how to set it up.
Inge Svensson
I got it up and running. Just have to see if I can boot into Windows.
Inge Svensson
Which worked..
Inge Svensson

Have you seen this guy's writings on grub?

He has been doing it for years.

http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147959
.