Re: OpenSuses 11.0 & cpuset

Chris Cox wrote:
On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 20:57 +0100, Ulick Magee wrote:
Patrick Begou wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use cpuset with my OpenSuse 11.0, kernel 2.6.25.20-0.7-default.
FYI, 11.0 is now out of support and will no longer receive security
updates. This may or may not be relevant to you.

Almost true:
http://news.opensuse.org/2010/07/05/maintenance-for-opensuse-11-0-extended/

OK so you got another week almost :) I'm subscribed to the
security-announce list and this minor stay of execution of 11.0 wasn't
mentioned there.

I still have a PC on 11.0 (and with a still bootable 9.1) but it hasn't
been powered up in about a year now. As it's ten years old and I work
with the macbook all the time, if I want to work at my desk (assuming I
ever clear the electronic junk pile off it) I'll probably just plug the
laptop into the desk's display and happy hacker keyboard* instead of
powering up the 750MHz Gateway that has a fan loud enough to make you
think it could cool a nuclear power plant.

* the HH keyboards** are great and when I brought mine into work it
confused the hell out of the windoze heads :) and the extra desk real
estate is useful even on a work-mandated Windoze XP machine - although
I've secreted an 11.2 VM onto it...

**this is the one with key legends. The ones with blank keys are a crazy
price, they should be cheaper :)

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org
.